Wednesday 10 August 2011

Cornwall Again!

Work once again took me to Cornwall and I had a great 5 days in the area. Despite working I managed a couple of outings. On Friday I went for a very nice walk along the coastal footpath at Lizard Head. Unfortunetley I didn't see any of my old friends - the Chough's, I did manage some nice pictures though so not all bad!



Whitethroat - Lizard Head, Cornwall





Above 3 images - Kestrel, old Lizard Head, Cornwall.



Above 2 images - Turnstone, Lizard Beach, Cornwall.

On Monday I went for a sea-watch at Pendeen in preparation for 4 days hardcore sea-watching at Bridges in Ireland next week. Well it was a bit slow but over about 4 hours I recorded the following - Manx Shearwater (1000+), Sooty Shearwater (2), Balearic Shearwater (1), Arctic Skua (3), Pom Skua (1 ad), Storm Petrel (1) and a couple of Sunfish!

After things slowed down at Pendeen I drove down to Lands End aerodrome and met Dan Pointon and Jules. They had been looking for the long staying Black Kite along with Rob Capewell for about an hour (Rob for longer). We decided to go for a drive and actively seek out the bird. In our 3rd viewing point (farm field entrance!) we managed to find the bird, great views were had but unfortunately the images are not brilliant, you can tell what it is though! As usual click on any of the images to view an enlarged version.




Above 3 images - Black Kite, near Lands End, Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment