Monday 22 November 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Lucky!

The Good

I recieved an E-mail last night from my friend and follow birder Ray Marsh, informing me that he had found a Red-necked Phalarope at San Pedro Salinas, Murcia! So after breakfast we set off down to San Pedro in the hope that it was still there, it was and so was Ray! It was great to get some pictures of the 1st winter Red-necked Phalarope (see pictures below) whilst having a good catch up with Ray. There were a number of other bits and bobs on the pool including; Ruff (3), Dunlin (8), Little Stint (4), Sanderling (19) and numerous Greater Flamingo, Black-winged Stilt, Black-necked Grebe and Avocet.

The Bad

The bad part of the day was after walking back to our car we discovered that the window was smashed. My Mum had her handbang stolen from the boot of the car which was covered and locked. This should serve as a stern warning to birders visiting this site, that they must be vigillant, especially as this type of behaviour is not frequent, as the myths of Spain would suggest. Indeed this is the first time it has ever happend to me and my car is left in remote public car parks on a daily basis.

The Lucky

I had decided to take the camera with me to see the Phalarope and not my scope, which thieves were good enough to leave in the boot of the car!!


Red-necked Phalarope (including below 3 images)







No comments:

Post a Comment