Saturday 11 December 2010

El Hondo

Well the sunshine from yesterday has continued into today so I set out early in the hope of getting some good images and finding some good birds. The plan was to go to El Hondo again and bird the entire reserve as this would give me the chance to hopefully get close to a number of species. The day started well with a Crossbill in the garden as I was loading up the car, see below.


Crossbill

Once again the Bluethroats of Hondo eluded me, there were at least 12 individuals around the visitor centre area so hopefully I will get a good image one day soon! Throughout the day a number of noteworthy species were recorded, these included; Greater Spotted Eagle (3), Booted Eagle (7), Marsh Harrier (numerous), White-headed Duck (3), Marbled Duck (2), Purple Heron (1 juv), Moustached Warbler (1 seen, 2 other individuals singing). I didn't come away without any images and the below Kestrel pictures demonstrate just how good the light conditions were for photography.

Image above and below 3 - Kestrel








1 comment: